Tuesday, May 25, 2010
Monday, May 24, 2010
Sunday, May 23, 2010
Thursday, May 20, 2010
Wednesday, May 19, 2010
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Monday, May 17, 2010
Don't cheat yourself. To be the best you can be, you need to be competent in all ten:
1. Cardiovascular/respiratory endurance- The ability of body systems to gather, process, and deliver oxygen.
2. Stamina - The ability of body systems to process, deliver, store, and utilize energy.
3. Strength - The ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply force.
4. Flexibility - The ability to maximize the range of motion at a given joint.
5. Power - The ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply maximum force in minimum time.
6. Speed - The ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement.
7. Coordination - The ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a singular distinct movement.
8. Agility - The ability to minimize transition time from one movement pattern to another.
9. Balance - The ability to control the placement of the body’s center of gravity in relation to its support base.
10. Accuracy - The ability to control movement in a given direction or at a given intensity.
(Thanks to Jim Crawley and Bruce Evans of Dynamax)
Sunday, May 16, 2010
Thursday, May 13, 2010
Wednesday, May 12, 2010
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
Monday, May 10, 2010
Cacao is one of the most magnesium-rich western foods...and it’s great brain and heart food...Cacao is also number one in the world in antioxidants of any major fruit or nut. It contains 10 times the antioxidant level of blueberries, 20 times what red wine has, 30 times what green tea has. Furthermore, cacao contains zero caffeine. Instead, what is present is theobromine, which is the sister molecule to caffeine and is better than any asthma medication, is a bronchial dilator and circulatory system dilator.
Cacao is lastly a brilliant weight loss food. It gives the body ample energy. Five or six cacao beans can keep a person going for a couple of hours.
For the best Cacao Smoothies see Bev at Coco Loco:
555-2nd.ST.S.E.. Medicine Hat, AB. T1A - 0C5. 403-488-6777.